5 actions to Deplastify the Planet
1. Finding alternatives – Sourcing different sustainable materials in the place of plastic. Read use case.
2. Circular economy – Reduce, reuse, repair. Creating new sustainable business models around waste. Read use case
3. Reducing plastic waste – Analyzing supply chains to identify excess use of plastic.
4. Improved recycling – A better traceability of waste allows for more efficient recycling. Read use case.
5. Education and optimization of existing infrastructure – Improving human behavior around the issue of plastic waste and consumption. Read use case.
Eco Conception Open Innovation Program
The benefits of open innovation with Schoolab
Innovate with students to reduce plastic waste
There are no simple solutions, creativity and new points of view are essential in order to implement change in a sustainable manner. This open Innovation program in partnership with UC Berkeley takes students from different academic background and challenges corporate problems.
“Deplastify the Planet” plays into action within a global plastic reduction initiative led by Moho and UC Berkeley. Addressing the issue through 4 distinct angles; government, corporate, academic and civil, Moho is bringing communities, organizations, leaders and civilians together in order to help find sustainable, viable and feasible solutions to the global plastic crisis. Learn more about the global initiative here.